By Michael Fitzgerald
Autism and Creativity is a stimulating research of male creativity and autism, arguing significant genetic endowment is a prerequisite of genius, and that cultural and environmental components are less important than has frequently been claimed.
Chapters at the analysis and psychology of autism set the scene for an in depth exam of a few vital historic figures. For example:
* within the Indian mathematician Ramanujan, the vintage qualities of Asperger's syndrome are proven to have coexisted with a unprecedented point of creativity
* extra suddenly, from the fields of philosophy, politics and literature, scrutiny of Ludwig Wittgenstein, Sir Keith Joseph, Eamon de Valera, Lewis Carroll and William Butler Yeats unearths classical autistic features.
Autism and Creativity will turn out attention-grabbing studying not just for execs and scholars within the box of autism and Asperger's syndrome, yet for someone desirous to understand how contributors proposing autistic beneficial properties have on many events replaced the way in which we comprehend society.
Read or Download Autism and Creativity: Is There a Link between Autism in Men and Exceptional Ability? PDF
Best clinical psychology books
For a few years, cognitive-behavioral options were on the vanguard of therapy for anxiousness issues. extra lately, concepts rooted in jap innovations of popularity and mindfulness have have tested a few promise in treating nervousness, particularly in tandem with CBT. Now, with Acceptance-Based Behavioral treatments for nervousness, thirty specialist clinicians and researchers current a finished advisor to integrating those strong complementary approaches—where they fit, once they range, and why they paintings so good jointly.
A Process-Focused advisor to Treating consuming problems with ACTAt a few element in scientific perform, such a lot therapists will come across a shopper affliction with an consuming illness, yet many are doubtful of ways to regard those concerns. simply because consuming problems are rooted in secrecy and strengthened through our culture's harmful obsession with thinness, victims tend to event major future health issues earlier than they obtain the assistance they want.
Suchtkranke Menschen sind häufig traumatisiert. Hat die Drogenkarriere die traumatischen Erlebnisse nach sich gezogen oder hat der sufferer sich vor seinem Trauma in die Abhängigkeit geflüchtet? Das Buch beleuchtet das Verhältnis von Trauma und Sucht - und die Vorteile der Behandlung von Suchtpatienten mit Elementen aus der Traumatherapie.
This can be a manifesto for a completely new method of psychiatric care; one who really deals care instead of coercion, treatment instead of drugs, and a go back to the common-sense appreciation that misery is mostly an comprehensible response to life's challenges.
- Family and School Capital: Towards a Context Theory of Students' School Outcomes
- The Nature and Functions of Dreaming
- A New Understanding of ADHD in Children and Adults: Executive Function Impairments
- Handbook of Interpersonal Psychology: Theory, Research, Assessment, and Therapeutic Interventions
Extra info for Autism and Creativity: Is There a Link between Autism in Men and Exceptional Ability?
Autism and Creativity: Is There a Link between Autism in Men and Exceptional Ability? by Michael Fitzgerald